Buying or selling a home is a big decision, working with someone you trust and respect is of the utmost importance.
Choosing a Realtor can seem intimidating. Knowing what questions to ask and what to look out for will help in making the right decision. Below I have outlined some key points to help you in the process.
- Ask friends or family for referrals - by now, most people you know have had a great experience buying or selling their home, or a terrible one. Ask them what their Realtor did well or what they did poorly.
- Choose a brokerage you trust – ask them who they recommend and make sure that specific office has a good reputation. It’s probably a good idea to look at offices in the area of your home; many of those Realtors will have experience buying or selling in the area.
- Choose an agent that handles homes in your price range and area.
- If you need additional services, make sure your Realtor can provide those. Or has good relationships with people who can.
- Quiz your Realtor – By now you have probably learned a few things to look out for in a Realtor, ask them a few scenarios and what they would do in each situation. A couple of starter questions; do you work full time? How long have you been selling? Have you ever had any complaints from your clients? How often will we be in communication? Don’t hesitate to ask for references too.
- Have them look at your home - good Realtors will know what to look for.
- Negotiate terms – any good Realtor knows how to negotiate, so put their skills to the test!
- Trust your instincts – there is nothing more important than trusting the person you are working with, make sure you get a good, honest feeling from your Realtor.
I’d love to work with you, get in touch with me to see how we can work together.